I'm due today, and still no progress. I'm not sure how much longer I can put up with this back pain, I've been feeling it for about 2 weeks now. I told the doctor at my appt yesterday, and he said nothing about it :( Its a vicious cycle; the pain is so bad because I don't walk nearly enough, but I don't walk because of the severe pain. :( I don't know what to do. I swore to myself I wouldn't be one of those ladies who complained about being overdue, and I'm trying not to, I really am. I know most first time mom's go late, and I even prepared myself to go late. But I certainly didn't expect this severe back pain. I guess it's not something you can really prepare yourself for. We're all ready for Lil'Miss to make her grand entrance, she can come any time. Please Baby, hurry up! You're hurting mommy. :( The only thing left for us to do is to install the carseat base into the car (I won't leave the car seat in the car because of a certain someone who won't stop smoking and I don't want Lil'Miss's things covered in the cancerous smoke).
I swear, the farther along I get, the less patience I have for my own mother. I know one shouldn't talk bad about their parents, but my own mother is a piss-poor mother, always has been, always will be. It's getting under my skin when she sits there, gloats and acts like she's Mother of the Year. She's not even in the running. Everything was always her first, and everything else was a poor second. Including her own daughter. I understand that right now, with our finances, I can't afford everything I want; but I swear I do. not. want. to. hear. the. words "the hospital will provide" one more time. If I do, I'm going to explode. I have wants, just like the next person, just like her. I want my wants fulfilled, just like the next person, just like her. She won't buy me the things I want, or need, but she'll buy cigarettes. A pack of bottles cost what? About twelve dollars... Four packs of cigarettes cost how much? About sixteen or so. So how the hell does she not have money for a fucking pack of 3 bottles? Or pacifiers, or burp clothes/bibs, or diapers... or... She gets four packs of cigarettes  each. week. every. week. Sometimes I look at her, and I worry if I'll be just like her. I worry sometimes, if in 20 years my own daughter will hate me as much as I hate her... not because I was a bad mother, but because I tried to overcompensate for the fact that my own mother was such a piss poor mom. When is too much too much?


How is Baby growing? 
It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long. His skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured — it's normal and temporary.

0 comments:

Post a Comment