Well, this morning when I spoke with the doctor, we did not have the dreaded talk I thought we would. But did say that talk is close. If we could just get the hypertension down in her lungs, we'd be great. Well, better. She's responding well to everything else. Today even it looked like some of her swelling has gone down. I'm not too sure, because I myself never even notice it. To me she's perfectly beautiful. I didn't get to spend much time with Gwen this morning. That was my own fault, I woke up feeling just positively awful, and wound up having to go to the ER. Diagnosis: UTI. This morning I just wasn't up to spending time with her, as awful as that sounds. Because they have to keep her up so very high, I have to stand on a little stool next to her bed. Sometimes my legs are just too weak to hold me up, and that happened this morning. However I did get to go back later this evening.

I absolutely adored her nurse today. While I was resting my legs, she had to draw some blood for a test. She spoke kindly to Gwen, trying to make her feel a lot better during the unpleasant process. She also spoke so kindly to her earlier when she had to clean out Gwen's lungs. Gwen's had the nurse a couple of times, and she just adores Gwen. And she pulled a chair over, and spoke to me about me. I mean, I love talking about Gwen, she's such a strong baby girl, she's precious. But sometimes I need someone to ask me how am I feeling, and understand that this is a hard time for me, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment